In the third quarter 2018 Hexagon Composites generated revenues of NOK 276.7 million compared with NOK 352.8 million in the corresponding period last year, which was positively impacted by the sale of certain assets to related party Agility. The operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was NOK 39.2 (51.2) million while operating profit (EBIT) was NOK 19.4 (33.8) million and profit before tax came to NOK 25.9 (21.8) million. EBITDA for the quarter included a positive impact of NOK 50 million triggered by a reduction of the earn-out obligation related to the 2016 xperion acquisition.
This adjustment was related to, and offset the negative impact from, the introduction of the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedures (WLTP). The Hydrogen business segment reported EBITDA of NOK -14.8 million.
* Received the first TITAN® 53 order from XNG with a total value of USD 10.6 million (approx. NOK 86 million)
* Awarded an order for TITAN® modules from Certarus, with a total value of USD 14.6 million (approx. NOK 121 million)
* Hexagon Ragasco celebrated 15 million cylinders sold worldwide
* The new WLTP testing rules caused delays for OEMs
Key developments after balance sheet date
* Selected by a third OEM to supply hydrogen tanks for serial production of fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV). Combined value for development and serial production in the range of USD 50 to 70 million (approx. NOK 420 million to NOK 590 million)
* Acquired technology company Digital Wave Corporation, enabling unique, integrated testing capabilities for requalification of pressure cylinders
For more information:
Jon Erik Engeset, CEO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 916 30 550 | email@example.com
David Bandele, CFO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 920 91 483 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiva Ghiri, VP Investor Relations, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 958 66 790 | email@example.com
Solveig D Saether, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 906 34 977 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hexagon Composites ASA
Hexagon Composites delivers safe and innovative solutions for a cleaner energy future. We are adapting our leading composite pressure vessel technology for a wide range of mobility and storage applications.
For more information, please visit www.hexagon.no . Follow us on Twitter: @HexagonASA
This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5 -12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.