Hexagon Composites ASA : Report Q2 and first half year 2013
August 22, 2013
The Hexagon Group achieved a turnover of NOK 713.8 (550.6) million and an operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) of NOK 123.0 (66.2) million in the first half year of 2013. Operating profit (EBIT) was NOK 89.2 (33.1) million and profit before tax was NOK 88.0 (29.6) million.
The first half year of 2013 were a pleasing period for Hexagon Composites with an overall increase in turnover and positive results in all business units. The first half year of 2013 therefore showed significant improvements compared to the first half year of 2012.
The second quarter of 2013 provided a turnover of NOK 366.8 (287.0) million, an EBITDA of NOK 71.5 (31.1) million and an EBIT of NOK 53.8 (16.1) million. The second quarter thus showed further progress from the first quarter.
Significant events in the Group since the previous interim report:
* Continued strong influx of new orders for high-pressure containers (TITAN(TM) and TUFFSHELL(TM)) in the North American market
* Hexagon Lincoln was awarded an order from a new North American customer for the supply of TITAN(TM) modules at a value of around USD 9 million
* Good growth in the market for fuel cylinders for large commercial vehicles in North America
* Official opening of the production facility at Rugasco in Russia
* Hexagon Composites plans to invest a further NOK 150 million in Lincoln
* Successful placement of unsecured bond issue of NOK 300 million
* Jon Erik Engeset took up the position as CEO on 5 August 2013.
For more information:
Jon Erik Engeset, CEO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 916 30 550 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tore J. Fjell, CEO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 920 33 337 | email@example.com
Tor O. Husø, CFO, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 95 81 97 74 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solveig D Sæther, Communication Manager, Hexagon Composites ASA
Telephone: +47 906 34 977 | E-mail: email@example.com
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.